Looking for web and app development work with organisations who are trying to reduce human impact on the environment.
Gilroy Corporate Communications 2015-05-01 —
Rapid development to tight deadlines for multinational clients with a B2B Marketing Agency.
- Building and maintaining websites for multinational clients including Vodafone, Ericsson, Tesco and Fujitsu.
- Converting PSDs to WordPress themes and static HTML with a focus on performance and responsiveness.
- Building templates for, and integrating sites with, marketing automation platforms like Marketo, Eloqua and Pardot.
- Building custom WordPress plugins to add new functionality including custom login, bulk user import and custom mailers.
- Building interactive infographics with SVG and GreenSock.
- Extrapolating designs to additional content, pages and devices.
- Building HTML emails
Gilroy Corporate Communications 2018-04-01 —
- Routine server updates and maintenance.
- Setting up, configuring and managing servers, databases and domains using Plesk and SSH.
- Configuring Akamai cache layer for dynamic sites.
- Configuring DNS.
- Advising on best configurations for different applications.
jopfre 2012-07-01 —
Bespoke development and design for small businesses.
- Building prototype native apps with React Native, Redux and Redux Saga.
- Building SPAs with node.js and socket.io.
- Designing and building WordPress themes, plugins, templates and shortcodes with custom post types, taxonomies and queries.
- Adding custom functionality and styling to existing WordPress themes and plugins.
- Building and integrating custom WordPress admin functionality including custom metaboxes.
- Integrating responsive design in new and existing projects.
- Working closely with designers and clients both on site and remotely.
- Interfacing with various APIs including Google Maps, YouTube, Twitter and Mailchimp.
- Setup and configuring production and development servers.
The University of Manchester 2007-01-01 — 2010-01-01
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work
Refill Prototype 2019-02-15
A prototype react native app and wordpress front end to add and display water bottle refill points on a map.
An experiment with Google Admin Directory API. Allows you to generate fictional users and randomly marry them to each other.
Displays UK lidar data on a leaflet map and calculates sunrise and set positions. Built with Node, Express, MongoDB and Leaflet. Code: https://github.com/jopfre/5am
OSMaps Radius 2018-10-01
An open street maps version of http://obeattie.github.io/gmaps-radius Code: https://github.com/jopfre/osmaps-radius
Ben Cheetham Films 2017-01-01
Design and build of a portfolio site for a film maker. Built with nunjucks.
Object Storage Training for s3 2016-11-01
It's Object Storage Training for S3. Basically it allows you to interface with your S3 buckets but you can also see what calls are being made in the backend in the little console. Written in node.js and socket.io
Stazione Paradiso 2016-11-01
Concept site for Stazione Paradiso restaurant. Made for fun in a couple of days. Code at https://github.com/jopfre/Stazione-Paradiso
A Twitter scraper and visualizer. Scrapes with nodejs, vizualizes with Google Maps API
Front End Development
- React Native
- Redux Saga
- HTML Emails
Back End Development
Front End Libraries
- Google Maps
- Open Street Maps
- Google Admin Directory
- Linux CLI
- Amazon S3
- Digital Ocean
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator